- American Historical Association (AHA)
- Organization of American Historians (OAH)
- Coordinating Council for Women in History (CCWH)
- Southern Association of Women Historians (SAWH)
- AHA Today
Short articles about current issues related to the broad discipline of history and professional practice, including education, grants and fellowships, and jobs and careers.
Helpful publications for graduate students
- Gustafson, Melanie S. Becoming a Historian: A Survival Manual 2000 (American Historical Association, 2001).
- Goldsmith, John A., John Komlos, and Penny Schine Gold. The Chicago Guide to Your Academic Career: A Portable Mentor for Scholars from Graduate School Through Tenure (Chicago: Univ. of Chicago Press, 2001).
Other online resources
- Confronting the Myth of the ‘Digital Native’ – Professors at Northwestern University are training students to build online identities that can advance their academic and professional careers.
Please send us suggestions for additional online resources and publications that should be included here.