The chairs of the “Women, Gender and Sexuality” network for the Social Science History Association (SSHA) are looking forward to the 42nd annual meeting which is scheduled to take place in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, on November 2-5, 2017. The conference theme is “Changing Social Connections in Time and Space.”
The deadline for submission of abstracts is March 3rd, 2017, and the submission portal is open at http://prd.sshaconference.org/people/login. Please note, all SSHA requires to submit at this point is an abstract. You can find more information at http://www.ssha.org, including the general Call for Papers.
“Changing Social Connections in Time and Space” – What can that be in our network?
– Queer Spaces
– Gender and Queer Movements of all ages (i.e. medieval periods, …)
– Theories and histories of attachments, connectedness, relationality and belonging
– Theories and histories of dis/identification and/or dis/connection
– Feminist and queer movements of all ages
– Families of all kinds
– Concepts and histories of motherhood, fatherhood, parenthood
– Adult – child dis/connections
– Relationships, the internet and social media
You are welcome to submit papers regarding any of these topics, or on a topic relating to your own research. We are encouraging participants to put together an entire session. If you are not sure how to build a session and/or if your are looking for session member (presenters, chairs or discussants) we provided an open-document as a think tank for all of us: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QqXQWq2ZmSMx98MfBID1XYA5lQ2kQ1No6M9Ms_v50zU/edit?usp=sharing
Please feel free to work with this document or to get in contact with us if you need assistance.
More than that: feel free to forward this call widely, particularly to graduate students. There is funding available for graduate students to travel to the conference; the new application process for this funding can be found at http://ssha.org/grants.